Johan van Hasseltweg 39
How to get there
From Central Station
* Take the ferry behind CS ("IJ-plein" or " Buiksloterweg"). Once on the other side, it's a 10 minutes bike ride.
* Metro 52 Amsterdam-Noord bound. Get off at stop "Noorderpark" and walk to On the Roof in 10 minutes. You can also hop on Bus 34 or 35 for one stop to "Johan van Hasseltweg", from there it's only 5 more minutes walking distance
From the highway (A10)
Take exit s116 towards "Centrum".
After that, take s118 and turn left onto the J.v. Hasseltweg.
Cross the roundabout and you're there!
Did you know...
* Bus 32 and 33 are running until late and so is the ferry to and from "Buiksloterweg"?
* There's free parking just in front of the venue on the J.v. Hasseltweg?
Parking is free of charge after 7pm.
* Check out the new ferry from Azartplein (KNSM) - it docks at 100 meters from the venue!
Stg Handmade Music
1021 CV Amsterdam
Frequently asked questions
Q: Can i pay cash?
A: No, be aware that the bar is PIN only!
Q: Is the roof covered or is it really open-air?
A: It's really under the stars in an atrium that we can cover in case of rain.
Q: Does the concert take place in case of rain?
A: Yes, as we can cover the open space above your heads. In case of a thunderstorm we'll have to cancel but you will be notified.
Q: Is there free parking in the area?
A: Yes, you can park free of charge in the whole street (after 7pm).
Q: Does the ferry run 24/7?
A: The ferry from Buiksloterweg runs all night long, the one from IJ-Plein stops around 12AM and the ferry to Azartplein ends at 11PM.
To all contributors of On the Roof, big or small.
Special thanks to:
Stichting Handmade Music
Automobielbedrijf van Vloten